NRB (USA) in Ephrata, PA, in collaboration with Building Design + Construction designed and built Pedia-Pod, a modular pediatric treatment room. Off-site (modular / panelized) construction is gaining momentum and recognition with the AEC and building owner community as a viable alternative to traditional on-site construction methods.
Ameriform provided Armoroc structural cement board sheathing which was installed as the floor deck. Below are links to related articles, websites and downloads regarding this unique concept which was showcased at the GreenBuild 2013 Expo in Philadelphia, PA.
- GreenZone 2013 – Pedia-Pod (Pediatric Treatment Building Module)
- Building Design + Construction – GreenZone 2013 Microsite
- Building Design + Construction – Pedia-Pod Video Tour
- Building Design + Construction – Behind the build slideshow
- Building Design + Construction – 11/2013 Article – Pedia-Pod: A State of the Art Pediatric Building Module (.pdf)
- Building Design + Construction December 2013 Article – Pedia-Pod Feature December 2013 (.pdf)
- Pedia-Pod Exploded Axonometric Drawing (.pdf)