ARMOROC is a structural cement board (cement bonded particle board - CBPB) used in the construction of fire-rated roofs, floors, walls and a variety of other applications including modular, SIPS & OEM. By combining the physical properties of Portland Cement with the strength of mineralized wood fibers, ARMOROC is well suited for applications where durability and fire-resistance are a concern.
Important: Confirm all products meet local code before specifying, purchasing or installing.
ARMOROC® Key Benefits
- Structural: Span-rated, shear diaphragm values available
- Fire Resistant: ‘Class A’ per UL 723 / ASTM E84 (0 Flame / 0 Smoke)
- UL Assemblies: UL Floor & UL Roof Assemblies
- UL & ULC Classified: File# R25825
- MEA Approved: NYC MEA# 409-07-M for use as fire-rated decking/sheathing
- Mold/Fungus Resistant: Does not support mold/fungus growth
- Moisture Resistant: Resistant to weather, freeze/thaw & standing water
- Termite/Vermin Resistant: Provides no food value to insects/vermin
- Impact & Abuse Resistant: Made from durable Portland Cement
- Acoustic Performance: STC ranging from 56-60, IIC ranging from 33-62
- Workability: Installs quickly using standard carpentry tools and equipment
- Dimensionally Stable: Excellent resistance to dimensional changes.
- Environmentally Friendly: Composed of post-industrial materials, no added HCFC's/VOC's, formaldehyde or asbestos
- LEED Credits: MR Credit 4, EQ Credit 3, EQ Credit 4
- 10-YEAR manufacturer's warranty
- Wide range of thicknesses (we stock 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" & 1”)
- Available in 4’ x 8’, custom sizes / fabrications may be special ordered
- Interlocking tongue & groove edge available (on 5/8" or thicker)
- Available with or without factory sealer on all 6 sides
- Available across the USA through strategically located distribution centers.
- Structurally span-rated up to 16" on center (see install specifications)
- UL Fire-Rated Floor Assemblies on Steel / Wood Joists & Trusses
- 1 & 2-hour fire-rated floor/ceiling assemblies (1-layer of gypsum board)
- Shear diaphragm designs available (with and without glue)
- Installs using standard carpentry tools and equipment (single trade installation)
- Lightweight, cost-friendly alternative to pouring concrete
- Accepts traditional floor finishes such as hardwood, tile, carpet and more
- Ideal for areas where pouring concrete is difficult (mezzanines, catwalks, tiered seating, platforms, etc.)
- Durability of Portland Cement on a sloped roof
- UL Fire-Rated Roof Assemblies (1 & 1-1/2 hour): P523 & P526
- Accepts roofing shingles, metal roofing, slate, tile & more
- Eliminate code issues w/ FRT plywood
- Can be exposed during construction without compromising fire rating
- Reduce sprinkler requirements and insurance costs
- Use for fascia & soffit panels, parapet walls.
- Excellent for interior & exterior walls, partitions, curtain walls, fire-stops & more
- Great substrate for exterior finish & trim material
- Abuse resistant
ARMOROC® is suitable for a wide variety of applications such as:
- Precision fabrication services available
- Stair Treads
- Furniture / Planters
- Hearthpads / Oven Liners / Hoods
- School Classrooms
- Cellular Towers / Equipment Shelters
- Emergency Housing / Shelters
- Structural Insulated Panel System (SIPS)
- Skin-system for SIPS
- Easily finishes / Bonds easily
- Installs & Fabricates Easily
- Custom cutting available
- Highly fire resistant
- Panelized Walls, Floors, Roofs
- Lightweight sheathing
- Abuse Resistant
- Ideal for walls, roofs & floors
Additionally: Ceiling Panels, Ducting & Service Areas, Bathroom Stalls & Wet Areas, Moulding, Trim & more.
The applications are limitless: Schools, Assisted Living Facilities, Multi-Story Residential, Auditoriums, Movie Theaters, Mezzanines, Hospitals, Industrial, Modular, Libraries, Universities, Dormitories, Parapet Walls, Correctional, Airports, Sound Barriers, Hotels, Transportation, Prefabricated Panels, Roofs, Walls, Floors, Fire-Rated Assemblies, OEM, SIPS, Access Flooring, Catwalks, etc.
Downloadable Technical Documents
- ARMOROC Data Sheet (.pdf)
- ARMOROC Technical Data Sheet (.pdf)
- ARMOROC Installation Guide (.pdf)
- ARMOROC Size, Weight & Packaging Specifications (.pdf)
- ARMOROC Material Data Safety Sheet (MSDS) (.pdf)
- ARMOROC & LEED CREDIT SHEET (.pdf)
- ARMOROC Sound Testing (.pdf)
- ARMOROC CAL-FIRE Armoroc Approval 2170-0100 (.pdf)
- UL L567 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Marino/WARE JoistRite
- UL L580 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Marino/WARE JoistRite
- UL L564 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over ClarkDietrich TradeReady
- UL M511 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc over metal deck over iSpan
- UL M515 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over iSpan
- UL L551 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Steel Trusses (Trussteel)
- UL L565 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Steel Trusses (mulitple mfrs)
- UL L597 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Steel Trusses (mulitple mfrs)
- UL M507 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Steel Trusses (multiple mfrs)
- UL M513 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Steel Trusses (multiple mfrs)
- UL L556 - (1, 1-1/2, 2 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Steel C-Joist or Wood
- UL L501 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Wood Joist
- UL L502 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Wood Joist
- UL L505 - (1, 1-1/2, 2 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Wood Joist
- UL L511 - (1, 1-1/2, 2 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Wood Joist
- UL M502 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Wood TJI (System 8)
- UL M506 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Wood TJI (System 8)
- UL L521 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Wood Trusses
- UL L550 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Wood Trusses
- UL L563 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Wood Trusses
- UL M501 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Wood Trusses
- UL M503 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Wood Trusses
- UL M508 - (1 Hour) 3/4" Armoroc directly over Wood Trusses
- Armoroc Shear Diaphragm with glue: Ultimate Shear = 1,703 PLF
- Armoroc Shear Diaphragm without glue: Ultimate Shear = 1,000.50 PLF
- Download complete test report here:
- Important notes about our diaphragm design:
- Addendum A (page 25) has the test results including the glue.
- To comply with the Armoroc UL & MEA fire-rated assemblies, which do not include any glue, we have tested the shear diaphragm without glue in the joints. Always check that your fire-rated assembly is in agreement with your diaphragm design regarding glue where applicable.
- We are publishing the ultimate shear value, providing the engineer the opportunity to apply the appropriate safety factor required for wind / seismic based on the preferred method of load calculation for each project.
Ameriform has tested Grabber products for use with our structural cement board systems and recommends them for use in all our structural floor, roof & wall applications.
Ameriform is an authorized dealer for all Grabbers tools, fasteners, bits, accessories & parts. We can sell & ship your installation system with your building materials. Simplify your purchasing process and contact us for a price!
Grabber HS8200JBW - Structural Cement Board Screw
Lab Tested and Field Proven for Structural Cement Board (CBPB) and Structural Fiber Cement Board installations over metal framing.
- LOX Drive – proprietary drive, 12 points of contact, no waste, no wobble, no cam out, no slivers, stick fit, high torque, drives off angle, exceptional bit tip life.
- Self-Countersinking Ribs - under the head ease countersinking and leaves smooth clean edges (no mushrooming)
- Self-Drilling, Winged Tip – allows this fastener to drill through dense structural cement board and into the metal framing without clogging the threads or racking / lifting the decking before the fastener penetrates through the metal framing member.
- Grabber Guard Coating – protects fasteners from corrosion due to moisture as well as galvanic action due to high Ph consistent with portland cement.
- Ameriform sells these in bulk cases (2500 pc count) or in custom packed small boxes (500 pc) for smaller jobs.
Grabber – CHS8200JBW / SuperDrive 7540XT - Collated Structural Cement Board Screw and Collated Screw Gun for Rapid Deck Installations.
Grabber’s SuperDrive industrial-strength, fully automated fastening tool is engineered with a durable, lightweight, compact design and is built to last. Grabber has a SuperDrive tool for almost any fastening application including sub-floor, roof-decking, wall sheathing, drywall, metal framing and more.
SuperDrive® system includes:
- Grabber SuperDrive Deck Tool (model # 7540XT)
- Grabber SuperDrive Collated Cement Board Screws (model # CHS8200JBW)
ALL GRABBER ITEMS ARE IN STOCK!
Ameriform has tested PEMCO P5100 adhesive for use in Armoroc fire-rated floor assemblies. Pemco P5100 is a 100% solids (zero V.O.C.), one component, moisture cure, polyurethane adhesive. PEMCO P5100 is an important component of Ameriform's fire-resistant building system, and can be used to bond the joints of ARMOROC™ Panels in structural floor and/or roof applications (requirements vary by application).
Customers can purchase PEMCO P5100 directly from Ameriform to fulfill their adhesive requirements. Purchase PEMCO 5100 as part of your building system package, or as an individual component. Product comes in 11 ounce tubes and can be purchased by the case (30 tubes) or individually. PEMCO P5100 is IN STOCK! and ready for shipment. Pemco is manufactured by Alpha Systems Inc, an ISO 9001 registered factory.
Please contact a sales representative for pricing & availability.
Tenryu is known around the globe as the premier manufacturer of quality saw blades. Tenryu tested our structural cement boards and selected Model PT-18524AM, 7-1/4" Blade, 24 Tooth Carbide Tip circular saw blade for cost-effectively rough-cutting through dense structural cement board. Ameriform carries these blades in stock as part of our installation system. You can buy them by the case (100 pcs), by the box (10 pieces) or per blade. Contact a sales representative for pricing and availability.
As an Authorized Tenryu dealer Amerfiorm has access to every Tenryu blade available. If you are looking for a Tenryu product, Ameriform can get it.
Ameriform researched every cutting system and selected Skilsaw Model SHD77M for rough-cutting dense structural cement board. The Skilsaw Model SHD77M is a 7-1/4" Magnesium Worm Drive corded saw designed with enough strength and durability to stand up to cutting dense structural cement board over the long term. Equipped with a powerful 15 Amp Motor, the light magnesium housing (2 lbs. lighter) reduces user fatigue.
Ameriform is an authorized SKIL dealer and carries the SHD77M in stock for shipping with your structural cement board and accessory order as a kit. Contact a sales representative today for pricing.