GeoBoard is a decorative cement board used in both interior & exterior applications such as exterior ventilated rain-screen systems, exterior & interior cladding, ceilings, trim, countertops and many specialty applications.
GeoBoard Key Benefits
- Mold/Fungus Resistant: Does not support mold/fungus growth
- Moisture Resistant: Resistant to weather, freeze/thaw & standing water
- Termite/Vermin Resistant: Provides no food value to insects/vermin
- Impact & Abuse Resistant: Made from durable Portland Cement
- Acoustic Performance: Has a density of 77lbs/ft3
- Workability: Installs quickly using standard carpentry tools and equipment
- Dimensionally Stable: Exhibits excellent resistance to dimensional changes when exposed to variations in temperature & moisture
- Environmentally Friendly: Composed of 28% post-industrial wood content, contains no added HCFC's or VOC’s, no added formaldehyde or asbestos, reduces materials on the job
- Natural Color of Portland Cement
- Grey color with appealing variation in tone and texture
- Accepts clear sealer, stain, paint and other masonry finish products
- Cost effective alternative to more expensive cladding systems
- 10-YEAR manufacturer's warranty
- Available in 4’ x 8’ sheets
- Thickness available in 1/2" & 5/8"
- Standard square edge
- Rain-screens allow moisture and air to flow between and behind panels
- Accepts variety of moisture barrier and support framing systems
- Factory finish is grey with slight variations in color and texture
- Accepts masonry stain and paint
- Fabricates with standard carpentry tools & equipment
- Shop drawings and panel fabrication services available
Downloadable Technical Documents
- GeoBoard Decor - Exterior Ventilated Rain-Screen Install Specifications (.pdf)
- Complete Set of GeoBoard Rain-Screen Details (.pdf)
- Typical Wall Section - Plan View (.pdf)
- Typical Wall Section - Termination At Grade - Section View (.pdf)
- Typical Inside Corner - Plan View (.pdf)
- Typical Outside Corner - Plan View (.pdf)
- Typical Wall Section - Rake Detail - Section View (.pdf)
- Typical Window Details (.pdf)
- Typical Fastening Pattern (.pdf)
Note – carefully review installation specifications to select proper installation system
Tenryu is known around the globe as the premier manufacturer of quality saw blades. Tenryu tested our structural cement boards and selected Model PT-18524AM, 7-1/4" Blade, 24 Tooth Carbide Tip circular saw blade for cost-effectively rough-cutting through dense structural cement board. Ameriform carries these blades in stock as part of our installation system. You can buy them by the case (100 pcs), by the box (10 pieces) or per blade. Contact a sales representative for pricing and availability.
As an Authorized Tenryu dealer Amerfiorm has access to every Tenryu blade available. If you are looking for a Tenryu product, Ameriform can get it.
Ameriform researched every cutting system and selected Skilsaw Model SHD77M for rough-cutting dense structural cement board. The Skilsaw Model SHD77M is a 7-1/4" Magnesium Worm Drive corded saw designed with enough strength and durability to stand up to cutting dense structural cement board over the long term. Equipped with a powerful 15 Amp Motor, the light magnesium housing (2 lbs. lighter) reduces user fatigue.
Ameriform is an authorized SKIL dealer and carries the SHD77M in stock for shipping with your structural cement board and accessory order as a kit. Contact a sales representative today for pricing.