NOCOM is a structural magnesium board ideal for the construction of fire-rated floors, walls, low-slope roofs and general construction purposes. By combining the properties of magnesium oxide cement (no chloride), with the strength of heavy duty alkaline resistant fiberglass, NOCOM is well suited for applications where fire-resistance, strength, weight, stability & abuse resistance are a concern.
Important: Confirm products meet local code before specifying, purchasing or installing.
NOCOM Key Benefits
- Structural Floors - ¾” thick supports 491+ lbs/sf uniform loading at 16” OC at L/360. Can span up to 24" †
- Fire-Rated Floor Assemblies: UL Listed 1, 1.5, 2-Hour Fire-Rated Structrual Floor/Ceiling Assembly, UL H514
- Diaphragm Strength: ASTM E455 design shear values available
- Sound Testing: Full-scale sound tests available for various floor finishes
- Structural Walls - 1/2" thick has min 25 psf transverse, 186 plf racking per ICC ESR-4268
- Fire-Rated Wall Assemblies: ICC Listed 1-Hour Fire-Rated Load-Bearing Exterior / Interior Wall Assembly (Per ICC ESR-4268, Section 4.3)
- Noncombustibility: Has passed ASTM E136*
- Abuse Resistant: ¾” thick withstands 550 lbs concentrated load (1” disk), as well 75 ft-lb impact loading ††
- Lightweight: 4 psf / 128 lbs for ¾” x 4’ x 8’. 20% less than cement board. 40% less than gypcrete.
- Mold/Fungus Resistant: Does not support mold/fungus growth
- Moisture Resistant: Resistant to weather, freeze/thaw & standing water
- Termite/Vermin Resistant: Provides no food value to insects/vermin
- Workability: Installs quickly using standard carpentry tools and equipment
- Dimensionally Stable: Minimal changes in temperature & moisture variations
- Traditional Edge Details: Ship Lap & Interlocking T&G Edges available
- Weather Resistant: Available factory sealed for 6 months exposure to elements nationwide, year-round
* Per Intertek (USA) Test Report H8333.01-106-3, ASTM E136-16a, Vertical Tube Furnace, Option A.
† Per Load Table, PEI Report 2018-6168, Stamped by PE19800097
†† Per preliminary testing to ASTM E661 / ICC AC 367, in both dry & wet/redry condition, unsupported ship-lap edge w/ glue.
- Proprietary formulation with <1% Chloride means no added corrosion to your structure
- Higher quality ingredients means better performance
- Eliminate your poured system, saving on weight, materials, time & money.
- Single trade installation – once installed ready to finish
- Stocking locations nationwide (NJ, SC, IL, TX, CA, WA)
- Knowledgeable & experienced sales staff
- Structural floor decking up to 24" on center spacing
- Can withstand up to 450+ lbs/sf uniform loading at 16" on center (L/360). Refer to Load Table.
- Abuse resistant, handling up to 500+ lbs concentrated load
- 20% less weight than cement board, 40% less weight than gypcrete
- UL Listed 1-Hour Fire-Rated Floor Assembly (UL H514)
- Weather resistant - available factory sealed for 6 months exposure to elements nationwide
- Ideal alternative vs. poured systems: lightweight, quicker, thinner, cheaper, single trade installation
- Traditional edge details: Square edge, ship-lap edge, tongue & groove edge
- Accepts most floor finishes: Carpet, Hardwood, Tile (Ceramic / Vinyl), Epoxy and more. Refer to specs.
- Condos, Apartments, Dormitory, Barracks
- Meet your buildings fire-rating requirements while avoiding the hassle of a poured system
- Installs like traditional sheet-goods by carpentry / drywall trade
- Once installed, ready to finish.
Nocom structural magnesium floor decking installs direct to framing, is lightweight, thin, strong & cost effective.
- Mezzanines - ideal when adding a floor inside a warehouse or existing open spaces
- Platforms - equipment platforms, landings, stages, retail fixtures
- Tiered Seating - great for movie theater rehab, auditoriums, board rooms and more
- Balconies - lightweight alternative to poured concrete, great for apartments, condos, hotels, etc.
- Catwalks - great for entertainment venues, access walkways in schools, manufacturing / industrial, etc.
Nocom structural floor decking is lightweight, installs quick, saves ceiling height and makes for easier transportation and setting saving modular builders time and money while meeting building code.
- Modular Schools
- Equipment Shelters
- Security Outbuildings
- Bathroom Pods
Structural, lightweight magnesium board (chloride free) works great as decking for prefabricated bathroom pods. Thanks to ultra lightweight and strong alkaline-resistant fiberglass mesh, our mgo boards can span the bathroom pod floor while maintaining integrity and deflection of the finish floor system while setting into place. Selecting Nocom floor decking for your bathroom pod is sure to speed up your pod build and your project.
- Hotel Bathroom Pods
- Prefabricated Dormitory Bathrooms
- Assisted Living / Retirement Community Bathroom Pods
- Multi-family apartment bathroom pods
Downloadable Technical Documents
- Nocom Data Sheet (.pdf)
- Nocom Install Spec for Floors (.pdf)
- Nocom Load Table for Floors (.pdf)
- UL H514 - Nocom 1, 1-1/2 & 2-Hour Fire-Rated Floor / Ceiling Assembly (.pdf)
- UL 263 Certified for USA / ULC-S101 Certified for Canada
- 3/4" Nocom over 16g x 10" deep x 1-5/8" flange conventional 'C' joists spaced up to 24" o.c.
- 3-1/2" thick fiberglass insulation, RC1 Channel
- Single layer 5/8" Type 'C' Gypsum Board
- Nocom UL Certificate of Compliance R39572 (.pdf)
- ICC ESR 4268 (.pdf) - Scope of this report does not include 3/4" thickness or floor applications at this time.
Ameriform has tested Grabber products for use with our structural cement board systems and recommends them for use in all our structural floor, roof & wall applications.
Ameriform is an authorized dealer for all Grabbers tools, fasteners, bits, accessories & parts. We can sell & ship your installation system with your building materials. Simplify your purchasing process and contact us for a price!
Grabber HS8200JBW - Structural Cement Board Screw
Lab Tested and Field Proven for Structural Cement Board (CBPB) and Structural Fiber Cement Board installations over metal framing.
- LOX Drive – proprietary drive, 12 points of contact, no waste, no wobble, no cam out, no slivers, stick fit, high torque, drives off angle, exceptional bit tip life.
- Self-Countersinking Ribs - under the head ease countersinking and leaves smooth clean edges (no mushrooming)
- Self-Drilling, Winged Tip – allows this fastener to drill through dense structural cement board and into the metal framing without clogging the threads or racking / lifting the decking before the fastener penetrates through the metal framing member.
- Grabber Guard Coating – protects fasteners from corrosion due to moisture as well as galvanic action due to high Ph consistent with portland cement.
- Ameriform sells these in bulk cases (2500 pc count) or in custom packed small boxes (500 pc) for smaller jobs.
Grabber – CHS8200JBW / SuperDrive 7540XT - Collated Structural Cement Board Screw and Collated Screw Gun for Rapid Deck Installations.
Grabber’s SuperDrive industrial-strength, fully automated fastening tool is engineered with a durable, lightweight, compact design and is built to last. Grabber has a SuperDrive tool for almost any fastening application including sub-floor, roof-decking, wall sheathing, drywall, metal framing and more.
SuperDrive® system includes:
- Grabber SuperDrive Deck Tool (model # 7540XT)
- Grabber SuperDrive Collated Cement Board Screws (model # CHS8200JBW)
ALL GRABBER ITEMS ARE IN STOCK!
Ameriform has tested PEMCO P5100 adhesive for use in Armoroc fire-rated floor assemblies. Pemco P5100 is a 100% solids (zero V.O.C.), one component, moisture cure, polyurethane adhesive. PEMCO P5100 is an important component of Ameriform's fire-resistant building system, and can be used to bond the joints of ARMOROC™ Panels in structural floor and/or roof applications (requirements vary by application).
Customers can purchase PEMCO P5100 directly from Ameriform to fulfill their adhesive requirements. Purchase PEMCO 5100 as part of your building system package, or as an individual component. Product comes in 11 ounce tubes and can be purchased by the case (30 tubes) or individually. PEMCO P5100 is IN STOCK! and ready for shipment. Pemco is manufactured by Alpha Systems Inc, an ISO 9001 registered factory.
Please contact a sales representative for pricing & availability.
Tenryu is known around the globe as the premier manufacturer of quality saw blades. Tenryu tested our structural cement boards and selected Model PT-18524AM, 7-1/4" Blade, 24 Tooth Carbide Tip circular saw blade for cost-effectively rough-cutting through dense structural cement board. Ameriform carries these blades in stock as part of our installation system. You can buy them by the case (100 pcs), by the box (10 pieces) or per blade. Contact a sales representative for pricing and availability.
As an Authorized Tenryu dealer Amerfiorm has access to every Tenryu blade available. If you are looking for a Tenryu product, Ameriform can get it.
Ameriform researched every cutting system and selected Skilsaw Model SHD77M for rough-cutting dense structural cement board. The Skilsaw Model SHD77M is a 7-1/4" Magnesium Worm Drive corded saw designed with enough strength and durability to stand up to cutting dense structural cement board over the long term. Equipped with a powerful 15 Amp Motor, the light magnesium housing (2 lbs. lighter) reduces user fatigue.
Ameriform is an authorized SKIL dealer and carries the SHD77M in stock for shipping with your structural cement board and accessory order as a kit. Contact a sales representative today for pricing.