NOCOM is a structural magnesium cement board ideal for the construction of fire-rated floors, walls, low-slope roofs and general construction purposes. By combining the properties of magnesium oxide cement (no chloride), with the strength of heavy duty alkaline resistant fiberglass, NOCOM is well suited for applications where fire-resistance, strength, weight, stability & abuse resistance are a concern. UL / ULC Listed for Fire-Rated Assemblies.
Note - Ameriform, LLC and Multi-Panels, Inc. have reached an agreement to offer Nocom directly through Multi-Panels, Inc. going forward. Download announcement here: Ameriform / Multi-Panels Announcement - NOCOM (.pdf)
NOCOM Key Benefits
- Structural Floors - ¾” thick supports 491+ lbs/sf uniform loading at 16” OC at L/360. Can span up to 24" †
- Fire-Rated Floor Assemblies: UL / ULC Listed 1, 1.5, 2-Hour Fire-Rated Structural Floor/Ceiling Assemblies
- Diaphragm Strength: ASTM E455 design shear values available (both simple beam and cantilever)
- Sound Testing: Full-scale sound tests available for various floor finishes
- Structural Walls - 1/2" thick has min 25 psf transverse, 186 plf racking per ICC ESR-4268
- Fire-Rated Wall Assemblies: ICC Listed 1-Hour Fire-Rated Load-Bearing Exterior / Interior Wall Assembly (Per ICC ESR-4268, Section 4.3)
- Fire-Resistance Ratings: See QAI Certification B1136-1 (click here - external link)
- Abuse Resistant: ¾” thick withstands 550 lbs concentrated load (1” disk), as well 75 ft-lb impact loading ††
- Lightweight: 4 psf / 128 lbs for ¾” x 4’ x 8’. 20% less than cement board. 40% less than gypcrete.
- Mold/Fungus Resistant: Does not support mold/fungus growth
- Moisture Resistant: Resistant to weather, freeze/thaw & standing water
- Termite/Vermin Resistant: Provides no food value to insects/vermin
- Workability: Installs quickly using standard carpentry tools and equipment
- Dimensionally Stable: Minimal changes in temperature & moisture variations
- Traditional Edge Details: Ship Lap & Interlocking T&G Edges available
- Weather Resistant: Available factory coated with weather sealer for exposure to elements
† Per Load Table, PEI Report 2018-6168, Stamped by PE19800097
†† Per testing to ASTM E661 / ICC AC 367, in both dry & wet/redry condition, unsupported ship-lap edge w/ glue.
- Proprietary formulation with <1% Chloride means no added risk of corrosion to your structure
- Higher quality ingredients means a better performing, stronger & more resilient product
- Eliminate poured systems, saving on weight, materials, time & money.
- Single trade installation – once installed ready to finish
- Stocking locations nationwide (NJ, SC, IL, TX, CA, WA)
- Knowledgeable & experienced sales staff
- Structural floor decking up to 24" on center spacing
- Can withstand up to 450+ lbs/sf uniform loading at 16" on center (L/360). Refer to Load Table.
- Abuse resistant, handling up to 500+ lbs concentrated load
- 20% less weight than cement board, 40% less weight than gypcrete
- UL / ULC Listed 1 & 2-Hour Fire-Rated Floor Assemblies (UL H514 / UL M527)
- Diaphragm values available
- Sound-rated assemblies available
- Weather resistant - available factory coated with a weather sealer for exposure to elements nationwide
- Ideal alternative vs. poured systems: lightweight, quicker, thinner, cheaper, single trade installation
- Traditional edge details: tongue & groove, square edge
- Accepts most floor finishes: Carpet, Hardwood, Tile (Ceramic / Vinyl), Epoxy and more. Refer to specs.
Nocom is ideal for low slope roofs. Lightweight, fire-resistance ratings available, resistant to moisture, does not require any chemical treatment to meet fire-codes, accepts a variety of finishes ranching from rubber roofing, torch-down, metal roofing, built-up insulated roof systems, can span up to 24" on center or install directly over corrugated metal deck. Note - does not directly accept nail attached shingles at this time.
Nocom is ICC Certified as a structural, exterior fire-rated wall sheathing which can be installed over wood and steel framing. Nocom offers transverse load resistance, racking shear resistance, a 1 hour fire-rated wall assembly over wood framing. Accepts a variety of finishes. Contact us today to discuss your needs.
Nocom OS overlayment system installs directly to your structural subfloor as an added layer of strength and sound reduction to your floor system. Avoid the added moisture and curing delays of poured topping systems. Install a single continuous layer of Nocom OS directly to your subfloor and you are ready to install walls speeding up your project. Sealed for added protection from the elements during construction.
Nocom underlayment comes in a consistent, smooth, thin 1/4" format that easily installs over existing subfloor applications. Accepts a variety of floor finishes.
- Condos, Apartments, Dormitory, Barracks
- Meet your buildings fire-rating requirements while avoiding the hassle of a poured system
- Installs like traditional sheet-goods by carpentry / drywall trade
- Sound-Rated Assemblies available with most floor finishes
- Once installed, ready to finish.
Nocom structural magnesium floor decking installs direct to framing, is lightweight, thin, strong & cost effective.
- Mezzanines - ideal when adding a floor inside a warehouse or existing open spaces
- Platforms - equipment platforms, landings, stages, retail fixtures
- Tiered Seating - great for movie theater rehab, auditoriums, board rooms and more
- Balconies - lightweight alternative to poured concrete, great for apartments, condos, hotels, etc.
- Catwalks - great for entertainment venues, access walkways in schools, manufacturing / industrial, etc.
Nocom structural floor decking is lightweight, installs quick, saves ceiling height and makes for easier transportation and setting saving modular builders time and money.
- Modular Schools
- Equipment Shelters
- Security Outbuildings
- Bathroom Pods
Structural, lightweight magnesium board (chloride free) works great as decking for prefabricated bathroom pods. Thanks to ultra lightweight and strong alkaline-resistant fiberglass mesh, our mgo boards can span the bathroom pod floor while maintaining integrity and deflection of the finish floor system while setting into place. Selecting Nocom floor decking for your bathroom pod is sure to speed up your pod build and your project.
- Hotel Bathroom Pods
- Prefabricated Dormitory Bathrooms
- Assisted Living / Retirement Community Bathroom Pods
- Multi-family apartment bathroom pods
Nocom makes an ideal SIPS sheathing available in a variety of thicknesses as well custom sizes. Nocom bonds with most common cores and cuts / fabricates like wood without the worry of mold, mildew, termites, etc. Give us a call today to discuss your needs.
Nocom structural cement board has been used successfully in a variety of panelized applications ranging from prefabricated walls, floors, fixtures, SIPS and more. Nocom attaches to wood and metal framing with ease and contributes to both good shear and racking strength. Please contact us today to discuss your panelized needs,.
Additionally: Ceiling Panels, Ducting & Service Areas, Bathroom Stalls & Wet Areas, Moulding, Trim & more.
The applications are limitless: Schools, Assisted Living Facilities, Multi-Story Residential, Auditoriums, Movie Theaters, Mezzanines, Hospitals, Industrial, Modular, Libraries, Universities, Dormitories, Parapet Walls, Correctional, Airports, Sound Barriers, Hotels, Transportation, Prefabricated Panels, Roofs, Walls, Floors, Fire-Rated Assemblies, OEM, SIPS, Access Flooring, Catwalks, etc.
Downloadable Technical Documents for Floors, Walls, Roofs
- Nocom Submittal Sheet - Subfloor / Roof (.pdf) - visit www.multi-panels.com for updated Nocom Submittal Sheets (click here)
- Nocom Install Spec for Floors (.pdf)
- Nocom Load Table for Floors (.pdf)
- UL H514 - Nocom 1, 1-1/2 & 2-Hour Fire-Rated Floor / Ceiling Assembly (.pdf)
- UL 263 Certified for USA / ULC-S101 Certified for Canada
- 3/4" Nocom over 16g x 10" deep x 1-5/8" flange conventional 'C' joists spaced up to 24" o.c.
- 3-1/2" thick fiberglass insulation, RC1 Channel
- Single layer 5/8" Type 'C' Gypsum Board
- Optional Sound Clips
- Optional - Structural Light Gauge Steel Floor Trusses by: FrameCAD, Aegis / Mitek Ultra-Span, Keymark / KeyTruss - see full assembly for details
- Optional - Alternate Construction - Space furring channels & sound clips out 24" OC with single layer gypsum board for a 1 hour assembly.
- Nocom UL Certificate of Compliance R39572 (.pdf)
- UL / ULC Certification Marks Hub - Nocom Certification Page (external link, click here)
- Nocom QAI Listing Certificate for Subfloor - Fire-Resistance Characteristics, Flame/Smoke, Diaphragm, Fire-Rated Assemblies
- ICC ESR 4268 (.pdf) - Nocom for WALLS
- Scope of ICC ESR 4268 focuses on Nocom's use as a fire-rated structural wall sheathing for interior and exterior structural walls on both wood and steel framed construction.
Ameriform has tested Grabber products for use with our structural cement board systems and recommends them for use in all our structural floor, roof & wall applications.
Ameriform is an authorized dealer for all Grabbers tools, fasteners, bits, accessories & parts. We can sell & ship your installation system with your building materials. Simplify your purchasing process and contact us for a price!
Grabber HS8200JBW - Structural Cement Board Screw
Lab Tested and Field Proven for Structural Cement Board (CBPB) and Structural Fiber Cement Board installations over metal framing.
- LOX Drive – proprietary drive, 12 points of contact, no waste, no wobble, no cam out, no slivers, stick fit, high torque, drives off angle, exceptional bit tip life.
- Self-Countersinking Ribs - under the head ease countersinking and leaves smooth clean edges (no mushrooming)
- Self-Drilling, Winged Tip – allows this fastener to drill through dense structural cement board and into the metal framing without clogging the threads or racking / lifting the decking before the fastener penetrates through the metal framing member.
- Grabber Guard Coating – protects fasteners from corrosion due to moisture as well as galvanic action due to high Ph consistent with portland cement.
- Ameriform sells these in bulk cases (2500 pc count) or in custom packed small boxes (500 pc) for smaller jobs.
Grabber – CHS8200JBW / SuperDrive 7540XT - Collated Structural Cement Board Screw and Collated Screw Gun for Rapid Deck Installations.
Grabber’s SuperDrive industrial-strength, fully automated fastening tool is engineered with a durable, lightweight, compact design and is built to last. Grabber has a SuperDrive tool for almost any fastening application including sub-floor, roof-decking, wall sheathing, drywall, metal framing and more.
SuperDrive® system includes:
- Grabber SuperDrive Deck Tool (model # 7540XT)
- Grabber SuperDrive Collated Cement Board Screws (model # CHS8200JBW)
ALL GRABBER ITEMS ARE IN STOCK!
PEMCO P5100 adhesive can be used in various applications including bonding of cement boards. Pemco P5100 is a 100% solids (zero V.O.C.), one component, moisture cure, polyurethane adhesive. PEMCO P5100 is an important part of various structural building systems, and can be used to bond the joints of structural cement boards in structural floor and/or roof applications (requirements vary by application).
Customers can purchase PEMCO P5100 directly from Ameriform to fulfill their adhesive requirements. Purchase PEMCO 5100 as part of your building system package, or as an individual component. Product comes in 11 ounce tubes and can be purchased by the case (30 tubes) or individually. PEMCO P5100 is IN STOCK! and ready for shipment. Pemco is manufactured by Alpha Systems Inc, an ISO 9001 registered factory.
Please contact a sales representative for pricing & availability.
Tenryu is known around the globe as the premier manufacturer of quality saw blades. Tenryu tested our structural cement boards and selected Model PT-18524AM, 7-1/4" Blade, 24 Tooth Carbide Tip circular saw blade for cost-effectively rough-cutting through dense structural cement board. Ameriform carries these blades in stock as part of our installation system. You can buy them by the case (100 pcs), by the box (10 pieces) or per blade. Contact a sales representative for pricing and availability.
As an Authorized Tenryu dealer Amerfiorm has access to every Tenryu blade available. If you are looking for a Tenryu product, Ameriform can get it.
Ameriform researched every cutting system and selected Skilsaw Model SHD77M for rough-cutting dense structural cement board. The Skilsaw Model SHD77M is a 7-1/4" Magnesium Worm Drive corded saw designed with enough strength and durability to stand up to cutting dense structural cement board over the long term. Equipped with a powerful 15 Amp Motor, the light magnesium housing (2 lbs. lighter) reduces user fatigue.
Ameriform is an authorized SKIL dealer and carries the SHD77M in stock for shipping with your structural cement board and accessory order as a kit. Contact a sales representative today for pricing.